Monday 30 June 2014

Teaching English in Italy


Lapedona - Florence - Venice
Mats and I have been staying at Lapedona for the past two weeks where I have been teaching English to Italian children. It was an extraordinary experience where regardless of the communication problem, the children and I were able to bond. It was beautiful. There were 4 other teachers who were teaching as well, they were from the US. From the two weeks of spending time with the teachers, I have found my sisters from the US, Carrie (an absolutely gorgeous, beautiful hearted, fun and crazy girl) and Alex (a beautiful hearted, lovely, hillarious and gorgeous girl) who I had so much fun with during teaching.

Mats and I stayed at Gina and Tim's place with their beautiful triplets, Hamish, George and Stedely. They were absolutely wonderful.

From left to right : Me teaching my beautiful kiddies (they are absolutely gorgeous children); Winning the sandman making with Hamish and the kids. Hamish, one of the triplets, is my helper; Making sandcastle; Me and the kids having lunch together; Building the great barrier reef sand with the kids; Alex, me and Carrie; Another picture of us infront of our rhino sandman; Playing with the sand.
The pictures were taken by Gina Wills.
From left to right : Alex and George at the sunflower field; Dom and Tom; Me and kids singing the Kookaburra song for our performance; Me and Tim doing the Wombat Stew for the performance (Tim's the dingo by the way); Me and all the kids singing Kookaburra; Me at the sunflower field; Me and one of the kids, Beatrice doing the Miss Universe play for the performance; Treated at one of the local restaurants after our hard work performing, it's a battered pasta, it's super delicious; Me and Carrie playing red rover with the kids on the beach.
The pictures were taken by Gina Wills.
We left Lapedona yesterday (Sunday) and stopped by Florence to see Richard and Sandra again which was really nice. We left for Venice in the afternoon having gone through a slight problem with the bus not leaving from the bus station, instead it was leaving from the highway, which is absolutely ridiculous. So we ended up missing our bus but then we get to go on the fast train which I've always wanted to do, so that's good. Basically though, I am now SOOOOO over Italy!!!! Time to move on!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment