Monday 10 February 2014

Lovin livin in Lee & Brendo surprise visit

Lee, Ilfracombe and Lynton
As I was having a ciggarette with one of my workmate, Mats outside the kitchen just behind the pub entrance in my mouse onesie, a bloke walked towards us. I thought he was lost and confused where the bar entrance was, so I pointed out to him where the bar entrance is "The bar entrance is just there" I said. He didn't stop to turn around though, instead he called out my name "NIA!". I thought it was one of the locals from Ilfracombe that I've met, so I tried to look closer to figure out who it was. 

It looked like Brendo, but I tried to look again because I thought there's no way it's Brendo. He came closer and it was Brendo!! I shouted "NO WAY!!!!!" and without thinking twice, I ran and jumped on him and basically latched on him like a leech. I was in tears and couldn't believe that he was there!!!

It was one of the best surprise I've had in my life. Brendo, you are a bloody legend!!! Brendo discovered where I was from my blog and drove from Cardiff to spend the night in Lee. The next day we had a walk up the coast and he had to leave to catch a plane back to home down under. 

Thanks Brendo, that was an awesome surprise!!

From left to right : Been having crazy weather lately in England, this photo was taken when the tide was going up to 10 metres high; More photos of the high tide; Walking through the forest with Mats and Lucy; Me in my husky hat hiding behind a tree; Lucy posing under a fallen tree; BRENDO!! Bloody legend!; Me and Brendo infront of a Vanilla Ice cloud that I couldn't manage to catch with my selfy; There it is, the vanilla ice cloud; Me and Brendo on our coast walk in the morning; Brendo with Lee background; Me and Brendo in Lee village

The excitement of the week was followed by another crazily fun Friday night at the Grampus where the accoustic open mic night happens. The night continued on at Danny and Sara's place, one of the awesome locals from Ilfracombe. It got a bit messy, but everyone survived.

The next day Danny and Sara took me to Lynton for a nice walk with Dudley, their cute dog in their super awesome gypsie van. 

From left to right: My crazy mates who comes regularly to Grampus on Friday nights, Lou, Max, Arthur, Danny and Sara; Friday night at Grampus; Bill in his joker hat; Open mic; Night continues on at Danny and Sara's place where neightbours are starting to complain about then noise.. Oops..; Me, dressed up and jingling away; As the night ends, Danny and Arthur passes out; Also as the night ends; Getting a lift with Sara back to the Grampus with her awesome 1965 Morris, absolutely love this car; Our walk at Lynton; Sara in her Morris; Sara and Danny in their van; Danny and Dudley in the van, poor Dudley, he gets scared in cars; Our walk along the coast; Sara posing on thhe bridge; The famous vertical railway track powered by water; Random photo of Ilfracombe; Danny having a sip of his pint of Guiness after saying that he won't drink anymore..haha
Another 3 weeks of stay in Lee. I hope more amazing things will happen here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment