Sunday 17 November 2013

Espana Roma with Nuni

Sevilla - Granada - Cordoba - Sevilla

I arrived in Granada straight from Sevilla on Monday. I checked in to a hostel and was quite amazed with the quality of facilities they have there. It definitely felt like a 5 star hostel. I spent a couple of days cruising around town and also visited Monachil Waterfalls which landscape's reminded me of Atlas Mountain in Morocco.  The water was icy but I went for a swim anyway.  Need to toughen up for 'Loony Dook' Scotland on new years day!!

As I was walking back to my hostel from the waterfall, I saw this familiar image of a person and it turned out to be Nuni (one of my best friends from Indonesia)!!!  I was so surprised and couldn't help myself from screaming and basically jumped on her in the middle of the crowded streets of Granada.  Nuni is probably 3/4 my size so we almost fell down to the ground.

From left to right: Local dudes flamencoing for fun; On the top og the hill at sunset (sacromonte); Monachil Mountains; View of Al Hambra on top of the hill; Granada city centre; Sacromonte with some caves that people live in; Santa Ana; View of Cathedral from top of the hill; Interesting cafe at Sacromonte; Granada city centre; Another view of Al Hambra from top of hill before sunset; Swimming at the fountain of Monachil mountains; Cathedral; Monachil bridge.

Since I have no travel plan, I started to join their crazy schedule. They were planning to travel all over Europe in a month. I could only keep up to Sevilla. So, the next day, I travelled with her and 2 of her friends to Cordoba.

We got to Cordoba in the middle of the night, so I didn't have much energy to spread out my nylon tarp on the bed to prevent bed bugs, and sure enough, there were bed bugs! Argh!!!

Cordoba is a much smaller town than Sevilla and Granada, so spending 3 days there was definitely enough.  Cordoba has the oldest mosque in Spain that has been converted to a church, it was free for visit from 8-9am, so we took the opportunity and got up early in the morning. All 4 of us then travelled to Sevilla together and when we got there, I was their tour guide because I know the town pretty well now.   We spent the whole day walking around town until they had to leave to Portugal in the middle of the night.

From left to right: Castle wall in Cordoba; Buidling; Statue in the plaza centre of town; Us having tapas; Roman ruins in middle  of town; Arch de Triumph of  Cordoba; Market place; Church; Funny pic of Nuni; Cathedral at night; Photo of us; Me and Nuni in middle of town; Inside mosque now cathedral; Same; Buidling..


Since then, I been staying in Sevilla for more than a week now and the weather is starting to get too cold. So, I am heading off to Algarve, Portugal relying on the weather forecast saying it to be a warmer place than Sevilla

No comments:

Post a Comment